Freelancing is very popular nowadays and a lot of mothers out there are very “into” it because of the fact that they can earn while taking care of their little ones at home.
I have been a freelancer for more than a year now and it is only now that I have come to realize the downside of working from home. No security at all. Aside from the fact that there are no benefits, you can be absolutely jobless in just one click.
This is the reality that has been beating me up for a few days now. I am a 5 star rated contractor with so many hours of online experience yet I am battling to get a job. It is really frustrating seeing someone bidding $0.21/hour just to get hired. I truly understand the freedom of the bidders and the employers to hire somebody with the lowest offer to save and eventually gain more profit. But this is not fair at all.
I have read people’s outrage about this and have found it absurd. Now, I came to realize that this matter needs to be addressed once and for all. A maximum and minimum bid would not hurt at all right?
- FREE REGISTRATION – No credit cards needed and the website is very secure. I must admit that I have this huge doubt at until I saw the salary in my bank.
- OVER 1,000 JOBS TO CHOOSE FROM – Whether you’re “techy” or not, I am sure that you will find one that will catch your attention. Although competition is very very tight, in Odesk, you just have to keep on applying to get a job. and onece you have one, it is up to you on how to provide with the employers with exemplary work ethics and outputs.
- WORKING AT YOU OWN PACE – You can choose from part-time and full-time jobs! You can give your schedule to employers upon interview so as not to meddle with the other things that you need to do.
- DOING OTHER THINGS WHILE EARNING– This is a great working space for a multi-tasker. Having a full-time job means sacrificing most of your day time for your work. This will not be the case when you are working online. You could have time to eat with your kids, play with them and let them grow by your side.
- WORKING WITHOUT OVERHEAD EXPENSES – No need for you to spend on transportation, clothes, make-up etc.
- NO OFFICE “POLITICS” /ISSUES WITH CO-WORKERS – I’ve experienced these in my previous jobs and coping up is really hard especially when you have envious officemates.
- SAVE TIME – No need to dress up in the morning and travel from point A to point B.